
by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – As Iran-backed Yemeni Houthi insurgents continue to violently disrupt US, Israeli, and Western commercial shipping in the Middle East, the US military on January 8 carried out air strikes against two of the militant group’s weapons storage facilities in Yemen. The US suffered no injuries or damage to property in the operation.
Wednesday’s strikes followed talks between US Central Command commander, Navy Vice Adm. Brad Cooper and the Israel Defense Forces Deputy Chief of Staff Amir Baram on how to proceed against the Houthis.
“U.S. Central Command forces conducted multiple precision strikes against two Iranian-backed Houthi underground Advanced Conventional Weapon (ACW) storage facilities within Houthi-controlled territories of Yemen, Jan. 8. The Houthis used these facilities to conduct attacks against U.S. Navy warships and merchant vessels in the southern Red Sea and Gulf of Aden,” CENTCOM said in a press release after the strikes.
In a statement to reporters, Pentagon deputy press secretary Sabrina Singh added: “We’re going to continue to work to degrade capabilities and to ensure upholding the international rules-based order and the free flow of commerce through that region. We continue to be successful in our strikes.”
“Again, we’re not going to be able to take off the map every single capability, but every single time that we conduct a dynamic strike, or do the strikes that you saw CENTCOM announce earlier this morning, that further degrades capabilities that they can use against commercial ships or our own Navy ships,” Singh said.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
Senior European intelligence officials see little chance of ending Russia’s war in Ukraine this year, despite President Donald J. Trump’s claim that U.S.-brokered negotiations have brought a peace deal “reasonably close.”
British police raided two properties linked to former Prince Andrew on Thursday and detained the 66-year-old royal on suspicion of misconduct in public office, escalating scrutiny over his past association with the late U.S. financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
Christians in Pakistan’s Punjab province were searching Thursday for an abducted minor girl, days after the provincial governor signed legislation raising the legal marriage age to 18 and criminalizing child marriage as a non-bailable offense.
The U.S. trade deficit edged slightly lower in 2025 but remained the third-largest on record, underscoring the scale of America’s global trade imbalance even amid sweeping tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump.
The United Kingdom will not allow the Pentagon to use British-controlled bases to launch potential military strikes against Iran, according to a report by The Times of London.
President Donald Trump on Thursday unveiled what he called a historic new diplomatic framework — the “Board of Peace” — during an inaugural meeting at the U.S. Institute of Peace, announcing billions in pledges for Gaza reconstruction and signaling that a major decision on Iran could come within days.
President Donald Trump is weighing an initial, limited military strike on Iran aimed at forcing Tehran to meet U.S. demands for a comprehensive nuclear agreement, the Wall Street Journal reported.