
(Worthy News) – In its biggest aerial strike against Russia to date, Ukraine fired six US-made ATACMS ballistic missiles and UK-made Storm Shadow cruise missiles, and launched one of its largest drone attacks on Russian territory overnight on Tuesday, Reuters reports.
Ukrainian officials said Tuesday’s strike reached 1,100 km (680 miles) into Russia, Reuters reports. The strike targeted oil storage, refinery, chemical, and ammunition plants in the Bryansk, Saratov, Tula, and Tatarstan regions.
Sources in Ukraine’s SBU intelligence agency told the BBC that the attack was a “painful blow” to Russia’s ability to proceed with the invasion of Ukraine that it launched in February 2022.
While there were no reported casualties, at least nine airports in central and western Russia came to a temporary standstill, and schools in the southwestern Saratov region were evacuated with pupils learning online, BBC News reports.
Responding to the attack, Russia said it had shot down US-supplied Atacms missiles as well as UK-made Storm Shadow cruise missiles. Moscow also vowed to retaliate: when Kyiv first launched ATACMS and British Storm Shadow missiles into Russia last year, Moscow responded by firing an intermediate-range hypersonic ballistic missile at Ukraine, Reuters notes.
“The actions of the Kyiv regime, supported by its Western curators, will not go unanswered,” Russia’s defense ministry announced in a statement.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
The U.S. trade deficit edged slightly lower in 2025 but remained the third-largest on record, underscoring the scale of America’s global trade imbalance even amid sweeping tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump.
The United Kingdom will not allow the Pentagon to use British-controlled bases to launch potential military strikes against Iran, according to a report by The Times of London.
President Donald Trump on Thursday unveiled what he called a historic new diplomatic framework — the “Board of Peace” — during an inaugural meeting at the U.S. Institute of Peace, announcing billions in pledges for Gaza reconstruction and signaling that a major decision on Iran could come within days.
President Donald Trump is weighing an initial, limited military strike on Iran aimed at forcing Tehran to meet U.S. demands for a comprehensive nuclear agreement, the Wall Street Journal reported.
FBI Director Kash Patel said Wednesday that federal investigators have identified what he described as substantial funding streams connected to antifa-linked activities, signaling possible new enforcement actions as the bureau deepens its focus on left-wing violence.
Iran has issued a formal aviation warning ahead of what it described as “extensive missile launches,” closing broad sections of its southern airspace on Thursday amid mounting regional tensions.
The United States is assembling its most significant concentration of air power in the Middle East since the 2003 Iraq War, positioning advanced fighter jets, aircraft carriers, and support assets amid rising tensions with Iran.