
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – President-Elect Donald Trump continues to fill out his cabinet today by announcing Florida Senator Marco Rubio as the next Secretary of State.
Trump praised Rubio, stating, “He will be a steadfast advocate for our nation, a reliable friend to our allies, and a fearless force who won’t back down to our adversaries. I’m eager to work with Marco to make both America and the world safe and great again!”
Marco Rubio, a Florida senator and Cuban American with significant foreign policy experience, has transformed from a former Trump opponent to a trusted ally and was even considered a finalist for Trump’s vice-presidential pick.
Currently, Rubio holds key roles as the top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee and a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, positioning him as a strong candidate.
If confirmed, he would make history as the first Latino Secretary of State.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
The Israel Defense Forces has destroyed roughly 60% of Hezbollah terror infrastructure in Lebanese villages where Israeli forces are operating in southern Lebanon, a senior Northern Command officer told Walla on Monday.
A Wall Street Journal exclusive is drawing renewed attention to the imprisonment of Pastor Ezra Jin, the founder of Beijing’s Zion Church, whose arrest has become a flashpoint in China’s intensifying campaign against unregistered Christian congregations.
President Donald Trump is weighing whether to restrict a multibillion-dollar arms package for Taiwan after his two-day visit to China, a move that could mark a significant shift in Washington’s long-standing security posture toward the island democracy.
TrumpRx is expanding to about seven times its current size, adding more than 600 generic prescription drugs to the months-old direct-to-consumer government website, the president said Monday.
Pakistan has deployed about 8,000 troops, a squadron of fighter jets, drones, and an air defense system to Saudi Arabia under a confidential mutual defense pact, according to an exclusive Reuters report.
President Donald Trump said Monday that he has called off a planned U.S. military strike against Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday, citing urgent requests from Gulf leaders and what he described as “serious negotiations” aimed at reaching a deal with Tehran.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that Israeli forces now control roughly 60% of the Gaza Strip, marking a significant expansion of Israel’s security hold inside the enclave months after the U.S.-brokered ceasefire took effect.