
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
WASHINGTON (Worthy News) – Antisemitic incidents in the United States reached the highest number on record since the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) began tracking such attacks 46 years ago, according to a new report.
Last year, the ADL recorded 9,354 cases “of harassment, vandalism, and assault,” five percent higher than in 2023, when the previous record was set, the antisemitism watchdog said.
The annual figure translates to more than 25 targeted anti-Jewish incidents per day, or more than one every hour, it noted. New York (1,437) and California (1,344) led in total cases documented in all 50 states.
“This horrifying level of antisemitism should never be accepted, and yet, as our data shows, it has become a persistent and grim reality for American Jewish communities,” said ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt. “Jewish Americans continue to be harassed, assaulted, and targeted for who they are on a daily basis and everywhere they go.”
For the first time in the history of the ADL’s annual “Audit” of antisemitic violence, “a majority (58 percent) of all incidents contained elements related to Israel or Zionism. A large portion of Israel-related antisemitic incidents occurred at or in the vicinity of anti-Israel protests,” added the report obtained by Worthy News.
“Out of over 5,000 anti-Israel rallies tracked by ADL in 2024, 2,596 involved antisemitic messaging in the form of signs, chants or speeches.”
UNIVERSITY INCIDENTS
Incidents on college and university campuses also “rose more steeply than those in any other location,” the ADL noticed.
“In 2024, ADL recorded 1,694 antisemitic incidents on college campuses, which is 84 percent higher than in 2023. Campus incidents comprised 18 percent of all incidents, a larger proportion than any previous Audit.”
While incidents “decreased by 14 percent at Jewish institutions, they remained elevated compared to pre-October 7, 2023, levels.” It was a reference to the period before the October 7 attacks by Hamas in Israel, which killed some 1,200 people and saw hundreds being kidnapped.
“Jewish organizations, particularly synagogues, were targeted with hundreds of bomb threats and hundreds more general antisemitic threats,” the ADL explained.
“Congregants were harassed and even assaulted while at or in the vicinity of Jewish institutions, and some anti-Israel groups escalated their tactics, protesting Jewish religious and cultural institutions on dozens of occasions.”
Yet despite the setbacks, “let’s be clear: We will remain proud of our Jewish culture, religion, and identities, and we will not be intimidated by bigots,” stressed ADL’s Greenblatt.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
Reverend Jesse Jackson, the influential civil rights campaigner and former presidential hopeful described by his family as “a servant leader,” has died at age 84.
Senate Republicans say they have enough support within their 53-member conference to pass the SAVE America Act, but overcoming a Democratic blockade may require reviving the rarely used “talking filibuster.”
The U.S. Departments of Energy and Defense have transported a small nuclear reactor by military cargo aircraft for the first time, marking a significant milestone in President Donald Trump’s push to expand advanced nuclear energy across the country.
President Donald Trump on Monday directed federal authorities to step in and coordinate cleanup efforts following what he called a “massive ecological disaster” in the Potomac River after a major sewer line collapse in Maryland.
A large Second Temple–era stone workshop that supplied Jerusalem’s Jewish population some 2,000 years ago has been uncovered on the eastern slopes of Mount Scopus, the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) announced Monday.
The United States has moved to replenish its stockpile of GBU-57 Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) bunker-buster bombs, it was revealed this week, as tensions with Tehran remain elevated.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared Sunday that Israel will not accept any arrangement allowing Hamas to retain weapons, warning that the terror group must fully disarm or face a renewed Israeli military campaign in Gaza.