
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – The Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF) deployed to various villages in southern Lebanon overnight following the withdrawal of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) from the area. The IDF withdrew from most villages but kept positions in five key locations until about an hour before the ceasefire deadline with Hezbollah.
The Lebanese Armed Forces deployed troops to multiple locations near the Israeli border, including Aabbasiyyeh, Majidieh, and Bint Jbeil, in coordination with a US-led committee and UNIFIL, following the November 27 ceasefire with Israel, according to a military statement.
Israel fulfilled its February 18 ceasefire withdrawal deadline but continued to hold five strategic positions in southern Lebanon, as previously reported by Worthy News.
A spokesperson for the Lebanese presidency stated that Beirut views any continued Israeli presence as an occupation and reserves the right to use all necessary measures to ensure withdrawal, without specifically addressing the five posts.
Lebanese officials plan to seek assistance from the UN Security Council to “address Israeli violations and compel Israel to immediately withdraw.”
Earlier on Tuesday, Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz stated that the IDF would “forcefully” uphold the ceasefire terms in Lebanon and respond to any threats from Hezbollah.
“Starting today, the IDF will remain in a buffer zone in Lebanon in five strategic outposts and will continue to enforce [the deal] forcefully and without compromise against any violation by Hezbollah,” Katz stated.
“Hezbollah must withdraw fully beyond the Litani River line and the Lebanese army must enforce and disarm it under the supervision of the mechanism established under the leadership of the US,” Katz emphasized. “We are determined to provide full security to all northern communities.”
Last week, the US authorized the IDF to maintain its presence at five strategic points, with no specified duration for their stay.
On Monday, the IDF expressed readiness to stay at designated locations until Hezbollah withdraws past the Litani River and Israeli political leaders command a withdrawal. Troops will man the military posts built at these sites.
Copyright 1999-2025 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
At least 44 people have died in Hong Kong after a massive fire engulfed several residential apartment blocks at the Wang Fuk Court complex in Tai Po on Wednesday afternoon, with authorities confirming that three men have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter. Dozens more are in critical condition, and another 279 people are missing, city leader John Lee has said.
Local Christians and other sources say rescuers have found more bodies in the search for dozens of people buried under landslides or swept away after torrential rains unleashed flash floods and triggered landslides on Indonesia’s Sumatra island, increasing the death toll to 23 and leaving more than two dozen people missing.
Poland’s President Karol Nawrocki says his country “will not succumb to the terror of rainbow rulings” after the European Union’s highest court ruled that Poland and other member states that ban same-sex marriages must recognize such partnerships if they were “lawfully concluded in another member state.”
Hungary’s Prime Minister Viktor Orbán is widely expected to travel to Moscow on Friday for high-stakes talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin on ending the war in Ukraine, according to several Ukrainian, European, and Hungarian sources.
Two West Virginia National Guard members were critically wounded Wednesday afternoon in an ambush-style shooting just two blocks from the White House, triggering lockdowns, heavy police presence, and an immediate expansion of federal troop deployments in Washington, D.C.
Four Christian brick-kiln workers have been abducted in Pakistan’s Punjab province after demanding the payment of their lawful wages from their Muslim employer, investigators told Worthy News Wednesday.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump claims Russia is “making concessions” in talks to end the Ukraine war and says Kyiv is “happy” about progress toward a possible peace agreement after nearly four years of fighting.