
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Newly appointed Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz stated on Wednesday that Israel would reject any ceasefire agreement that does not require Hezbollah to withdraw beyond the Litani River, amid reports that a deal may be close.
“We will not agree to just any cease-fires, we will not take our foot off the gas, and we will not accept any agreement that does not include the achievement of the war goals,” Katz said on Wednesday.
Katz outlined Israel’s conditions for a potential deal, stating that it includes “the disarmament of Hezbollah, its withdrawal beyond the Litani [River], and creating the conditions for the residents of the north to return to their homes in safety.”
Katz further emphasized that any agreement must grant Israel the right to “enforce” the terms and to “act against any terrorist activity and organization,” he explained.
Several media outlets reported that Strategic Affairs Minister Ron Dermer met with U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Monday to discuss the terms of a potential deal. France, also involved in the mediation efforts, addressed Israel’s security concerns during a visit by its Foreign Minister, Jean-Noel Barrot, to the Jewish state last week.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
After the Fifth Circuit last month allowed Texas’ border security law, SB 4, to go into effect, another federal court has now blocked four of its provisions.
Israel and Lebanon have agreed to extend their ceasefire by 45 days as the United States pushes forward with a broader diplomatic framework aimed at securing the volatile northern border and preventing renewed conflict with Hezbollah.
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said he would be “the first person” to support Vice President JD Vance if Vance seeks the Republican presidential nomination in 2028, even as early polling continues to place both men among the leading names in the GOP’s post-Trump future.
Ukraine launched one of its largest drone barrages of the war against Russia overnight, killing at least four people — including three near Moscow — and wounding more than a dozen others, officials said Sunday.
Nigeria and the United States confirmed Saturday that they had killed a senior Islamic State group leader during what officials described as a major joint counterterrorism operation in northeastern Nigeria.
Bulgaria won the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time Saturday, while Israel finished second in a final overshadowed by boycotts and protests over Israel’s participation amid the war in Gaza.
Italian authorities say a man deliberately drove a car into a crowd late Saturday in the northern Italian city of Modena, injuring at least eight people — four of them seriously — in the latest violent vehicle attack in a series of similar incidents across Europe.