
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Israel carried out a precision airstrike Sunday on a Hezbollah missile warehouse in Beirut’s Dahieh district, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz confirmed in a joint statement, warning that the facility “posed a significant threat to Israel.”
“Israel will not allow Hezbollah to grow stronger and pose any threat to it — anywhere in Lebanon,” they said, stressing that Beirut’s southern suburb would not serve as a “sanctuary city” for the Iranian backed terrorist organization. They also held the Lebanese government “directly responsible for preventing these threats.”
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said the airstrike targeted a facility used to store precision missiles, calling it “a blatant violation of the understandings between Israel and Lebanon” and a direct threat to Israeli civilians.
Before the attack, IDF Arabic-language spokesperson Col. Avichay Adraee issued an urgent warning to residents, urging civilians to evacuate at least 300 meters from the targeted site.
Lebanese media reported fighter jets and drones flying over Beirut’s southern suburbs, and rescue teams were seen responding on site. Lebanese sources told Qatar’s Al-Araby outlet that “talks are underway with the ceasefire monitoring committee to pressure Israel to stop its attacks.”
Israeli officials confirmed the warehouse stored “significant weaponry,” and Sky News Arabia cited Israeli sources identifying Hezbollah missiles at the site.
A source familiar with the operation told The Jerusalem Post that the U.S. administration was briefed ahead of the strike and that “everything was coordinated.”
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
TrumpRx is expanding to about seven times its current size, adding more than 600 generic prescription drugs to the months-old direct-to-consumer government website, the president said Monday.
Pakistan has deployed about 8,000 troops, a squadron of fighter jets, drones, and an air defense system to Saudi Arabia under a confidential mutual defense pact, according to an exclusive Reuters report.
President Donald Trump said Monday that he has called off a planned U.S. military strike against Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday, citing urgent requests from Gulf leaders and what he described as “serious negotiations” aimed at reaching a deal with Tehran.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that Israeli forces now control roughly 60% of the Gaza Strip, marking a significant expansion of Israel’s security hold inside the enclave months after the U.S.-brokered ceasefire took effect.
Israeli forces struck more than 30 Hezbollah terrorist infrastructure sites across Southern Lebanon over the past 24 hours, the Israel Defense Forces said Monday morning, as the Iranian-backed group continued attacks on Israeli troops and border communities.
The United States has completed a secret nuclear security mission to remove roughly 30 pounds of highly enriched uranium from Venezuela, transferring the material from the country’s shuttered RV-1 research reactor to a secure U.S. facility in South Carolina.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke with President Donald Trump on Sunday evening as Israel and the United States weighed the possibility of renewed military action against Iran, following stalled nuclear negotiations and a drone strike near a nuclear power station in the United Arab Emirates.