
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Amid intense fighting in Aleppo, Syria’s second-largest city, Israeli Air Force fighter jets tested the fragile ceasefire in Lebanon on Saturday with strikes targeting infrastructure in Syria near a border crossing with Lebanon. Israel stated the site was “actively” being used by Hezbollah for weapons transfers.
Israel conducted multiple strikes across Lebanon and Syria, citing violations of the ceasefire agreement.
“The IDF will continue to act to remove any threat to the State of Israel that violates the terms of the ceasefire agreement,” the military stated.
The IDF accused Hezbollah, with backing from the Syrian regime, of exploiting civilian border crossings to smuggle weapons into Lebanon. Amid the ceasefire, Israel has pledged to block all weapon transfers to Hezbollah.
Amid escalating unrest in Syria, Israeli strikes coincided with a major rebel offensive in Aleppo, where insurgents seized territory and clashed fiercely with government forces for a second day, according to both government and opposition sources.
The Aleppo offensive was launched on the same day a ceasefire began between Hezbollah, a Syrian ally, and Israel. It marked the largest attack since March 2020, when Russia, backing Syrian President Bashar Assad, and Turkey, supporting the rebels, brokered a ceasefire that halted years of conflict displacing millions opposed to Assad’s rule.
Syria’s armed forces reported Thursday that Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), which controls much of northwest Syria, launched an ongoing offensive targeting several villages and military bases.
Designated a terrorist organization by the United States and Turkey, HTS has been repeatedly targeted by Syrian government and Russian forces. Once known as the Nusra Front, al-Qaeda’s Syrian branch, HTS has rebranded multiple times in an effort to distance itself from its al-Qaeda origins.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
Pakistan has deployed about 8,000 troops, a squadron of fighter jets, drones, and an air defense system to Saudi Arabia under a confidential mutual defense pact, according to an exclusive Reuters report.
President Donald Trump said Monday that he has called off a planned U.S. military strike against Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday, citing urgent requests from Gulf leaders and what he described as “serious negotiations” aimed at reaching a deal with Tehran.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that Israeli forces now control roughly 60% of the Gaza Strip, marking a significant expansion of Israel’s security hold inside the enclave months after the U.S.-brokered ceasefire took effect.
Israeli forces struck more than 30 Hezbollah terrorist infrastructure sites across Southern Lebanon over the past 24 hours, the Israel Defense Forces said Monday morning, as the Iranian-backed group continued attacks on Israeli troops and border communities.
The United States has completed a secret nuclear security mission to remove roughly 30 pounds of highly enriched uranium from Venezuela, transferring the material from the country’s shuttered RV-1 research reactor to a secure U.S. facility in South Carolina.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke with President Donald Trump on Sunday evening as Israel and the United States weighed the possibility of renewed military action against Iran, following stalled nuclear negotiations and a drone strike near a nuclear power station in the United Arab Emirates.
Evangelist Franklin Graham said Sunday that “God did a miracle” in Belarus after he held what organizers described as the largest evangelical Christian gathering in the country’s modern history and met authoritarian President Alexander Lukashenko.