
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News)—President-Elect Donald Trump announced that he would appoint John Radcliffe, the former Director of National Intelligence (DNI), as the new Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in his administration.
Trump stated, “I am pleased to announce that former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe will serve as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).”
Trump praised John Ratcliffe, stating, “From exposing fake Russian collusion as a Clinton campaign operation to catching the FBI’s abuse of civil liberties at the FISA Court, John Ratcliffe has consistently been a warrior for truth and honesty with the American public. Even when 51 intelligence officials were lying about Hunter Biden’s laptop, John was the one telling the truth to the American people.”
Trump further emphasized his admiration by recalling the honor he bestowed upon Ratcliffe in 2020: “It was my great honor to award John the National Security Medal, the nation’s highest honor for distinguished achievement in the field of intelligence and national security.” He anticipated Ratcliffe’s new role, stating, “I look forward to John being the first person ever to serve in both of our nation’s highest intelligence positions. He will be a fearless fighter for the constitutional rights of all Americans, while ensuring the highest levels of national security, and peace through strength.”
Before his tenure as the Director of National Intelligence, Ratcliffe served as a U.S. representative for the state of Texas.
Copyright 1999-2025 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
Authorities say a Ukrainian politician who previously served as the parliament speaker has been shot dead in the western city of Lviv. Saturday’s killing came on the day that officials said Moscow launched more than 500 drones and 45 missiles against 14 regions, killing at least one person and wounding some 24 others, including children.
Christians in Indonesia urged prayers Saturday after at least four people died in violent protests sparked by outrage over privileges given to the country’s political elite and massive taxes, budget cuts, and the growing influence of the army.
Christians in Northern Ireland, once known for violence and religious divisions, are planning a new March for Jesus after thousands attended the event over the weekend.
The death toll from Russian rocket and drone strikes on the Ukrainian capital Kyiv continues to rise. Authorities said Friday that at least 23 people, including children, were killed overnight in the deadliest assault on the city in months.
Chinese authorities have charged a prominent house church leader in the coastal city of Wenzhou with “illegal business operations” over distributing sermon recordings, rights activists said Friday.
Christians in Northern Ireland, once known for violence and religious divisions, are planning a new March for Jesus after thousands attended the event over the weekend.
Christians on Wednesday urged prayers for the “swift and safe release” of three church members in northeastern Vietnam, including a Catholic priest, after security forces reportedly detained them during a home worship service.