
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – DOGE, led by Elon Musk, reports $55 billion in federal savings since its inception on February 17.
According to DOGE’s website, the $55 billion in savings resulted from fraud elimination, contract and lease renegotiations and cancellations, asset sales, grant cancellations, workforce reductions, program changes, and regulatory savings across federal agencies.
“We are working to upload all of this data in a digestible and fully transparent manner with clear assumptions, consistent with applicable rules and regulations,” DOGE stated.
DOGE’s website now includes a detailed “wall of receipts” to verify its savings and lists the top ten agencies with the highest contract savings.
On Feb. 17, DOGE reported discovering $4.7 trillion in Treasury Department payments lacking account identification codes, complicating traceability.
The Treasury Access Symbol (TAS) is an identification code linking a Treasury payment to a budget line item (standard financial process).
In the Federal Government, the TAS field was optional for ~$4.7 Trillion in payments and was often left blank, making traceability almost…
— Department of Government Efficiency (@DOGE) February 17, 2025
“In the Federal Government, the TAS field was optional for ~$4.7 trillion in payments and was often left blank, making traceability almost impossible,” DOGE stated in a social media post.
“As of Saturday, this is now a required field, increasing insight into where money is actually going.”
Upon assuming office on Jan. 20, President Donald Trump signed an executive order renaming the U.S. Digital Service to DOGE. The order assigns it to identify potential downsizing and cost-saving opportunities within federal agencies and sets a completion deadline of July 4, 2026.
Elon Musk has previously stated his goal to identify up to $2 trillion in potential savings.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
The Israel Defense Forces has destroyed roughly 60% of Hezbollah terror infrastructure in Lebanese villages where Israeli forces are operating in southern Lebanon, a senior Northern Command officer told Walla on Monday.
A Wall Street Journal exclusive is drawing renewed attention to the imprisonment of Pastor Ezra Jin, the founder of Beijing’s Zion Church, whose arrest has become a flashpoint in China’s intensifying campaign against unregistered Christian congregations.
President Donald Trump is weighing whether to restrict a multibillion-dollar arms package for Taiwan after his two-day visit to China, a move that could mark a significant shift in Washington’s long-standing security posture toward the island democracy.
TrumpRx is expanding to about seven times its current size, adding more than 600 generic prescription drugs to the months-old direct-to-consumer government website, the president said Monday.
Pakistan has deployed about 8,000 troops, a squadron of fighter jets, drones, and an air defense system to Saudi Arabia under a confidential mutual defense pact, according to an exclusive Reuters report.
President Donald Trump said Monday that he has called off a planned U.S. military strike against Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday, citing urgent requests from Gulf leaders and what he described as “serious negotiations” aimed at reaching a deal with Tehran.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that Israeli forces now control roughly 60% of the Gaza Strip, marking a significant expansion of Israel’s security hold inside the enclave months after the U.S.-brokered ceasefire took effect.