
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – A CIA official was arrested in Cambodia and indicted on charges of violating the Espionage Act by leaking classified U.S. documents detailing Israel’s preparations for a retaliatory strike against Iran following a missile attack earlier this year, according to court records and a source familiar with the case.
Media reports have identified the CIA official as Asif W. Rahman, who was indicted last week on two counts of “willful retention and transmission of national defense information.” He was subsequently transferred to federal court in Guam to face the charges.
Rahman, who held a top-secret security clearance through his CIA duties, had access to the information that later surfaced publicly on a Telegram channel linked to the Iranian regime.
The leaked documents revealed Israeli military movements for a retaliatory strike on Iran, and was posted last month, that ignited international outrage.
American and Israeli officials accused the Biden-Harris administration of undermining Israel’s sensitive operations.
In response, U.S. launched an investigation into the leak of top-secret Pentagon documents last month.
The leaked documented detailed two reports, prepared by the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency that included U.S. analyses of Israeli Air Force and Navy planning based on satellite imagery from October 15-16 and other intelligence sources.
A senior Biden-Harris official called the leak “deadly serious” and described it as “a concerted campaign to leak what at least seems to be classified information by anti-Israel elements.”
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
TrumpRx is expanding to about seven times its current size, adding more than 600 generic prescription drugs to the months-old direct-to-consumer government website, the president said Monday.
Pakistan has deployed about 8,000 troops, a squadron of fighter jets, drones, and an air defense system to Saudi Arabia under a confidential mutual defense pact, according to an exclusive Reuters report.
President Donald Trump said Monday that he has called off a planned U.S. military strike against Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday, citing urgent requests from Gulf leaders and what he described as “serious negotiations” aimed at reaching a deal with Tehran.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that Israeli forces now control roughly 60% of the Gaza Strip, marking a significant expansion of Israel’s security hold inside the enclave months after the U.S.-brokered ceasefire took effect.
Israeli forces struck more than 30 Hezbollah terrorist infrastructure sites across Southern Lebanon over the past 24 hours, the Israel Defense Forces said Monday morning, as the Iranian-backed group continued attacks on Israeli troops and border communities.
The United States has completed a secret nuclear security mission to remove roughly 30 pounds of highly enriched uranium from Venezuela, transferring the material from the country’s shuttered RV-1 research reactor to a secure U.S. facility in South Carolina.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke with President Donald Trump on Sunday evening as Israel and the United States weighed the possibility of renewed military action against Iran, following stalled nuclear negotiations and a drone strike near a nuclear power station in the United Arab Emirates.