
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Washington D.C. Bureau Chief
(Worthy News) – The Trump administration on Friday released the first batch of formerly classified government documents, videos, and photographs related to unidentified aerial phenomena (UAPs), opening decades of mysterious military and government reports to public scrutiny.
The files were published through a new transparency initiative called PURSUE, following an order by President Donald Trump directing agencies to declassify records tied to “extraterrestrial life, anomalous phenomena and unidentified objects.” Trump criticized previous administrations for secrecy surrounding the issue, saying Americans should now be able to decide for themselves “what the hell is going on here?”
War Secretary Pete Hegseth said the material had “been hidden behind classifications for too long” and that public disclosure was long overdue.
The initial release includes more than 160 files from the Pentagon, FBI, NASA, State Department, and other agencies. Among them are Apollo-era astronaut transcripts, military reports, witness testimonies, and photographs, including an Apollo 17 image showing three unidentified objects in triangular formation. Other documents describe sightings near U.S. military operations in Iraq, Syria, the United Arab Emirates, and Greece, including reports of objects making sudden sharp turns and unusual maneuvers.
One FBI report details a 2023 account from a drone operator who described seeing a glowing “linear object” that appeared for several seconds before vanishing.
The Pentagon cautioned that many of the reports remain unresolved and that descriptions reflect witness interpretations rather than confirmed conclusions. Officials stressed that additional documents will be released gradually over the coming weeks.
The disclosure also revived comments made earlier this year by Vice President JD Vance, who said during a podcast interview that he once believed aliens could actually be “demons,” reflecting growing public fascination with the spiritual and unexplained dimensions of the phenomenon.
Congressional supporters of UFO transparency welcomed the release, while experts warned that some sightings may ultimately be explained by advanced military technology, optical distortions, or incomplete data. Still, the administration’s move has thrust one of America’s longest-running mysteries back into the national spotlight.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
Ukrainian authorities said Thursday at least 16 people were killed and about 40 injured in massive overnight Russian drone and missile strikes on Kyiv and the wider region, while neighboring countries were placed on high alert amid reports of drones entering or approaching their territory.
Hungarian Prime Minister Péter Magyar is accelerating efforts to dismantle the political and economic system built during Viktor Orbán’s 16 years in power, targeting alleged corruption and cronyism while facing warnings that restoring the rule of law should not lead to another concentration of power.
Pakistani Christians have expressed concern after Pakistan’s Supreme Court released details of its decision to acquit the last three men sentenced to death over the 2014 mob killing of a Christian couple who were beaten and burned alive in a brick kiln following blasphemy allegations.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a blunt warning to Turkey on Wednesday after Israel struck a Syrian military airbase that Jerusalem says Ankara was preparing to use for an expanded military presence in Syria.
Democratic socialist Angie Nixon scored a surprise victory Tuesday in Florida’s Democratic U.S. Senate primary, defeating heavily funded establishment favorite Alex Vindman and adding to a growing series of socialist and far-left victories reshaping Democratic politics across the country.
The United States government passed a sobering milestone Wednesday as the national debt topped $40 trillion, up from $39 trillion only five months ago.
The U.S. Department of Justice plans to deploy approximately 1,000 federal election monitors across the country for November’s midterm elections, marking what officials say will be a record-sized monitoring operation.






