
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth on Wednesday delivered a stern warning to Iran over its ongoing support for Yemen’s Houthi rebels, amid rising tensions in the region and the collapse of planned nuclear negotiations.
“Message to IRAN: We see your LETHAL support to The Houthis. We know exactly what you are doing,” Hegseth posted on X. “You know very well what the U.S. Military is capable of — and you were warned. You will pay the CONSEQUENCE at the time and place of our choosing.”
The warning follows a wave of U.S. airstrikes on Houthi targets. Pentagon spokesperson Sean Parnell said Tuesday that U.S. Central Command has conducted more than 1,000 strikes since March 15, killing hundreds of fighters and degrading Houthi capabilities. President Donald Trump declared the Houthis would be “completely annihilated,” adding that Iranian support “won’t stop their destruction.”
Iran’s Foreign Ministry hit back Thursday, with spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei saying, “The responsibility for the consequences and destructive effects of the contradictory behavior and provocative statements of American officials… will lie with the American side.”
Meanwhile, indirect U.S.-Iran nuclear talks have hit a roadblock. A fourth round of negotiations, initially set for this weekend in Rome, was postponed. Omani Foreign Minister Badr al-Busaidi cited “logistical reasons,” while an Iranian official claimed the delay was at Oman’s request. A U.S. source told the Associated Press that Washington “had never confirmed its participation.”
President Trump, who reinstated harsh sanctions and pulled out of the Obama-era nuclear deal in 2018, warned last month, “I’m not asking for much … but they can’t have a nuclear weapon. If it requires military, we’re going to have military.”
The Houthis, officially called Ansar Allah, were returned to the U.S. foreign terrorist organization blacklist by Trump in March. The group, backed by Iran and rooted in the Zaydi Shi’ite sect, has waged war against Yemen’s government for decades and currently controls over a quarter of the country.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
The Trump administration has finalized a sweeping reciprocal trade agreement with Taiwan, confirming a 15 percent U.S. tariff rate on Taiwanese imports while securing broad new market access and purchase commitments for American goods.
Democrats are applauding White House border czar Tom Homan’s Thursday announcement that immigration enforcement operation in Minnesota will end next week.
Democrats in the U.S. Senate tanked the Homeland Security full-year funding bill in a last-ditch vote Thursday, all but guaranteeing a partial government shutdown starting Saturday.
Mourners in a remote Canadian town grappled Thursday with the aftermath of one of the country’s deadliest school shootings in decades, as families, survivors and leaders reacted to the tragedy that left eight victims — most of them children — dead, along with the 18-year-old suspect.
A gunman who opened fire at a school in southern Thailand’s Hat Yai city on Wednesday wounded a teacher and a student before being detained, authorities said, in a rare attack that sent students and staff into panic.
The Republican-led House of Representatives has passed the Safeguard American Voter Eligibility (SAVE) America Act, advancing legislation that would require proof of citizenship to register to vote and photo identification at the polls. The bill now heads to the Senate, where its future remains uncertain amid strong Democratic opposition.
Israel’s Ministry of Defense announced on Wednesday that its advanced David’s Sling air and missile defense system has completed a series of complex modernized tests, a development officials say bolsters the country’s defensive posture as tensions with Iran escalate and the United States prepares military options that could include direct strikes.