
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – President Trump’s plan to transfer Palestinians from Gaza to Jordan and Egypt expands on a contentious proposal previously rejected by Arab states, potentially indicating a major shift in U.S. foreign policy, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Over the weekend, Trump first suggested his plan and further detailed it on Monday aboard Air Force One. He expressed a desire to move Gaza residents to “an area where they can live without disruption and revolution and violence.” He believes relocating Palestinians from Gaza would “get people living in areas that are a lot safer and maybe a lot better and maybe a lot more comfortable.”
Trump reiterated his call for Egypt and Jordan, both significant recipients of U.S. aid, to support his relocation plan. “We helped them a lot, and I’m sure he’d help us. He’s a friend of mine,” Trump said about Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi, adding, “I think he would do it, and I think the king of Jordan would do it too.”
Egypt, Jordan, Hamas, and the Palestinian Authority have all dismissed the idea of relocating Palestinians.
The Arab League, which includes 22 nations, declared that the proposal would merely prolong the conflict. Officials from Egypt, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia are contemplating an emergency meeting of the Arab League to publicly denounce Trump’s plan and press him to reconsider his proposal.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
The U.S. trade deficit edged slightly lower in 2025 but remained the third-largest on record, underscoring the scale of America’s global trade imbalance even amid sweeping tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump.
The United Kingdom will not allow the Pentagon to use British-controlled bases to launch potential military strikes against Iran, according to a report by The Times of London.
President Donald Trump on Thursday unveiled what he called a historic new diplomatic framework — the “Board of Peace” — during an inaugural meeting at the U.S. Institute of Peace, announcing billions in pledges for Gaza reconstruction and signaling that a major decision on Iran could come within days.
President Donald Trump is weighing an initial, limited military strike on Iran aimed at forcing Tehran to meet U.S. demands for a comprehensive nuclear agreement, the Wall Street Journal reported.
FBI Director Kash Patel said Wednesday that federal investigators have identified what he described as substantial funding streams connected to antifa-linked activities, signaling possible new enforcement actions as the bureau deepens its focus on left-wing violence.
Iran has issued a formal aviation warning ahead of what it described as “extensive missile launches,” closing broad sections of its southern airspace on Thursday amid mounting regional tensions.
The United States is assembling its most significant concentration of air power in the Middle East since the 2003 Iraq War, positioning advanced fighter jets, aircraft carriers, and support assets amid rising tensions with Iran.