
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Two senior aides to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu were arrested Monday over alleged financial ties to the Qatari government. As part of the “Qatargate” probe, the Attorney General has requested Netanyahu submit to questioning. In a video statement, Netanyahu dismissed the investigation as politically driven, claiming his aides are “being held hostage.”
Although the case is under a gag order until April 10th, Israeli media have reported that the two Netanyahu aides arrested are Eli Feldstein and Yonatan Urich, both public relations officials in the Prime Minister’s Office.
In a brief statement, police confirmed that Urich and Feldstein were arrested as suspects in the investigation. After their interrogation, they were taken into custody and are set to appear Tuesday at the Rishon LeZion Magistrate’s Court, where police will seek to extend their detention, according to Hebrew media.
Earlier in March, Feldstein and Urich were questioned on suspicions of bribery, fraud, money laundering, and contact with a foreign agent. Due to a court-imposed gag order, no further details have been released.
After being questioned by police in the Qatargate scandal, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu released a video dismissing the investigation as politically driven, claiming his two arrested aides “are being held hostage.”
In the Telegram video, Netanyahu says he immediately cleared his schedule when asked to testify. “The police said they needed four hours, but after an hour, they ran out of questions,” he says.
He adds, “I said ‘Show me something,’ and they did not have anything,” accusing authorities of conducting “a political investigation.”
Referring to his detained aides, Jonatan Urich and Elie Feldstein, Netanyahu says, “I understood that this was a political investigation, but I did not know how much, and that they are holding [them] as hostages.”
He goes on to claim, “It’s a political witch hunt. It’s only for one purpose, to prevent the dismissal of the head of the shinbet, as if there is some affair here. There is nothing. And also to bring down the right-wing prime minister. A political investigation? A political witch hunt? That’s what this is. There is nothing else here.”
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
Senate Republicans say they have enough support within their 53-member conference to pass the SAVE America Act, but overcoming a Democratic blockade may require reviving the rarely used “talking filibuster.”
The U.S. Departments of Energy and Defense have transported a small nuclear reactor by military cargo aircraft for the first time, marking a significant milestone in President Donald Trump’s push to expand advanced nuclear energy across the country.
President Donald Trump on Monday directed federal authorities to step in and coordinate cleanup efforts following what he called a “massive ecological disaster” in the Potomac River after a major sewer line collapse in Maryland.
A large Second Temple–era stone workshop that supplied Jerusalem’s Jewish population some 2,000 years ago has been uncovered on the eastern slopes of Mount Scopus, the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) announced Monday.
The United States has moved to replenish its stockpile of GBU-57 Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) bunker-buster bombs, it was revealed this week, as tensions with Tehran remain elevated.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared Sunday that Israel will not accept any arrangement allowing Hamas to retain weapons, warning that the terror group must fully disarm or face a renewed Israeli military campaign in Gaza.
The United States is preparing to deploy roughly 200 American troops to Nigeria in the coming weeks to assist in counterterrorism efforts, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal.