Houthis Target Israel with Missile and Drone Attacks

by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent

(Worthy News) – Israeli air defenses intercepted a ballistic missile fired by Yemen’s Iran-backed Houthi rebels early Wednesday, marking the second consecutive night and fourth attack in a week targeting central Israel in an escalating near-nightly pattern. The same day, the Houthis also launched a drone that crashed in an open area near Ashkelon in southern Israel, according to the Israel Defense Forces.

Sirens blared across central Israel, prompting millions to rush to bomb shelters as a precaution against falling debris from the intercepted missile.

This marked the fourth missile attack on Israel by the Houthis in less than a week, following strikes on Thursday, Saturday, and Tuesday.

Senior Houthi official Hezam al-Asad mocked Israel on X (formerly Twitter), writing in Hebrew: “How long can four million people be in shelters?” He added, “Run to the shelters, we repeatedly warned you to stop killing Gaza’s children.”

A Wall Street Journal report underscored mounting concerns in Washington and among international allies over the Houthis’ access to advanced missile and drone technologies supplied by Iran. Western sources also alleged Russian involvement, citing intelligence suggesting Western ships in the Red Sea are supplying the Houthis.

Following the IDF’s interception of a drone launched from Yemen on Monday, after two unsuccessful attempts to intercept ballistic missiles last week, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu urged Israelis to “remain patient and steadfast.” He also hinted at a coordinated international effort against the Houthis, potentially involving increased U.S. involvement.

“We will act with strength, determination, and ingenuity,” Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu said on Monday. “Even if it takes time, the result will be the same as with other terrorist arms.” He vowed that Israel’s recent strike in Yemen “will not be the last.”

Israeli officials have reportedly discussed plans with their U.S. counterparts to escalate strikes against the Houthis, with American support. However, Ynet News cites sources indicating that Israel will likely intensify its attacks to a decisive level only after U.S. President-elect Donald Trump assumes office on January 20.

“The Houthis will pay a heavy price; there will be a ratcheting up of Israeli attacks,” an unnamed source told Ynet News. “But it’s nothing compared to what will happen once Trump enters office. The Americans are planning to impose an embargo on them and sanctions.”

Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.

More Worthy News

European Spy Chiefs Doubt 2026 Ukraine Peace Deal Despite Trump Optimism
European Spy Chiefs Doubt 2026 Ukraine Peace Deal Despite Trump Optimism
Friday, February 20, 2026

Senior European intelligence officials see little chance of ending Russia’s war in Ukraine this year, despite President Donald J. Trump’s claim that U.S.-brokered negotiations have brought a peace deal “reasonably close.”

British Police Detain Ex-Prince Andrew Over Epstein Ties And Raid Royal Properties
British Police Detain Ex-Prince Andrew Over Epstein Ties And Raid Royal Properties
Friday, February 20, 2026

British police raided two properties linked to former Prince Andrew on Thursday and detained the 66-year-old royal on suspicion of misconduct in public office, escalating scrutiny over his past association with the late U.S. financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

Minor Christian Girl Abducted In Pakistan After Child Marriage Ban Signed Into Law (Worthy News Investigation)
Minor Christian Girl Abducted In Pakistan After Child Marriage Ban Signed Into Law (Worthy News Investigation)
Friday, February 20, 2026

Christians in Pakistan’s Punjab province were searching Thursday for an abducted minor girl, days after the provincial governor signed legislation raising the legal marriage age to 18 and criminalizing child marriage as a non-bailable offense.

U.S. Trade Deficit Remains Near Record High as Imports Surge Despite Tariffs
U.S. Trade Deficit Remains Near Record High as Imports Surge Despite Tariffs
Thursday, February 19, 2026

The U.S. trade deficit edged slightly lower in 2025 but remained the third-largest on record, underscoring the scale of America’s global trade imbalance even amid sweeping tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump.

U.K. Blocks U.S. Use of Key Bases for Potential Strikes on Iran
U.K. Blocks U.S. Use of Key Bases for Potential Strikes on Iran
Thursday, February 19, 2026

The United Kingdom will not allow the Pentagon to use British-controlled bases to launch potential military strikes against Iran, according to a report by The Times of London.

Trump Launches ‘Board of Peace’ as $17 Billion Pledged for Gaza, Decision on Iran Looms
Trump Launches ‘Board of Peace’ as $17 Billion Pledged for Gaza, Decision on Iran Looms
Thursday, February 19, 2026

President Donald Trump on Thursday unveiled what he called a historic new diplomatic framework — the “Board of Peace” — during an inaugural meeting at the U.S. Institute of Peace, announcing billions in pledges for Gaza reconstruction and signaling that a major decision on Iran could come within days.

Trump Weighs Limited Strike on Iran as Nuclear Deadline Looms
Trump Weighs Limited Strike on Iran as Nuclear Deadline Looms
Thursday, February 19, 2026

President Donald Trump is weighing an initial, limited military strike on Iran aimed at forcing Tehran to meet U.S. demands for a comprehensive nuclear agreement, the Wall Street Journal reported.