
by Stefan J. Bos, Worthy News Chief International Correspondent
SANAA (Worthy News) – The death toll of U.S. strikes against Iran-backed Houthis in Yemen has risen to at least 31, authorities confirmed Sunday.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump said earlier in comments reported by Worthy News that he launched large-scale military strikes against Houthis on Saturday over the group’s attacks against shipping in the Red Sea, one of the world’s busiest waterways.
Trump also warned Iran that it needed to halt support for the group immediately. He said if Iran threatened the United States, “America will hold you fully accountable, and we won’t be nice about it!”
The top Commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards reacted on Sunday by saying the Houthis are independent and make their own strategic and operational decisions.
“We warn our enemies that Iran will respond decisively and destructively if they take their threats into action,” Hossein Salami told state media.
Trump made clear on social media that Tehran was in part to blame for the attacks on shipping in the Red Sea.
“Funded by Iran, the Houthi thugs have fired missiles at US aircraft and targeted our Troops and Allies,” Trump said on social media, adding that their “piracy, violence, and terrorism” had cost “billions” and put lives at risk.
The Houthi-run health ministry later confirmed at least 31 people were killed and 101 others were injured in the strikes.
Despite the U.S. attacks, the Houthis warned they would continue to target Red Sea shipping until Israel lifted “its blockade” of Gaza and that its forces would respond to the strikes.
Houthis have been active after Israel launched its war against Hamas after the group killed some 1,200 people and abducted hundreds in Israel on October 7, 2023.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
Reverend Jesse Jackson, the influential civil rights campaigner and former presidential hopeful described by his family as “a servant leader,” has died at age 84.
Senate Republicans say they have enough support within their 53-member conference to pass the SAVE America Act, but overcoming a Democratic blockade may require reviving the rarely used “talking filibuster.”
The U.S. Departments of Energy and Defense have transported a small nuclear reactor by military cargo aircraft for the first time, marking a significant milestone in President Donald Trump’s push to expand advanced nuclear energy across the country.
President Donald Trump on Monday directed federal authorities to step in and coordinate cleanup efforts following what he called a “massive ecological disaster” in the Potomac River after a major sewer line collapse in Maryland.
A large Second Temple–era stone workshop that supplied Jerusalem’s Jewish population some 2,000 years ago has been uncovered on the eastern slopes of Mount Scopus, the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) announced Monday.
The United States has moved to replenish its stockpile of GBU-57 Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) bunker-buster bombs, it was revealed this week, as tensions with Tehran remain elevated.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared Sunday that Israel will not accept any arrangement allowing Hamas to retain weapons, warning that the terror group must fully disarm or face a renewed Israeli military campaign in Gaza.